Liftoff of Cygnus Cargo Ship, Atlas V Rocket on Mission to International Space Station
NASA Sends Fire, Meteor Experiments to International Space Station on Commercial Cargo Spacecraft
- Saffire-I provides a new way to study a large fire on an exploration craft, which has not been possible in the past because the risks for performing such studies on spacecraft with astronauts aboard are too high.
- Meteor will enable the first space-based observations of meteors entering Earth’s atmosphere from space.
- Strata-I could give us answers about how regolith behaves and moves in microgravity, how easy or difficult it is to anchor a spacecraft in regolith, how it interacts with spacecraft and spacesuit materials, and other important properties.
- The Gecko Gripper study tests a gecko-inspired adhesive gripping device that can stick on command in the harsh environment of space.
- The Additive Manufacturing Facility will add an upgraded 3-D printing capability to the station.
Guillermo Gonzalo Sánchez Achutegui
Inscríbete en el Foro del blog y participa : A Vuelo De Un Quinde - El Foro!